Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In case you don't get the point that not everything is instinct

I hope I have been getting my points across and I want to recap here, nothing new today just rehashing.

Do want to relate some comments I’ve gotten to sometime that happened today at my regular job. One of our techs / drivers had a death in the family and had to take today off and go to PA with the family so I drove his truck today because thank god we were busy for a change!!!

I got to work side by side with a young tech of ours, only 22 yrs old who’s been with us for 6 months. I have to tell you I really like this kid, clean, well spoken, quite, respectful – really good with the customers.

From day one I knew he wasn’t really all that familiar with what we do and how things go together because almost every job of ours is different. Well today when he showed up with all the prepped parts or un-prepped as this case maybe – I was less than pleased. When I saw what he had done, it was all wrong, maybe not wrong but not to my non-tolerant of anything but perfect standards.

I must have beat him down for 15 minutes while we worked through the issues – what the F**K were you thinking, how F**King stupid could you have been – I loose my temper. To top it off he’s a gamer which pissed me off even more thinking but not saying, “see what video games do to you, make you stupid”.

After we figured out a plan I calmed down and put my arm around him and told him, look I’m sorry, I know you’ve never really done this before and I expected just too much from you – now here are all the things that could have been done better and here is why doing it this way is better! Someone has to teach you, you didn't tie your shoes all by yourself - did you Einstein?


My point to all this, I got more than one note expressing that if teams are that stupid that they don’t know what to do or what people want then they should get SHIT – F**K’em !

Well just like this kid today, I realized that he was just never taught what to do; partly my fault should have spent more time with him, etc, etc. The truth is during the busy days you have no time and on slow days there’s nothing to show him – you / me / we, need to take the time and teach people what to do. Yes, even if it is how to market yourself or your service.

In my case here, I’m trying to teach gamers how to make a buck, will it help me – bet your ass it will!!! Have I given back in support, swag, product and pure entertainment value – Frigg’in A Right I have. Most of all it will them / you do two things, understand about being a better entrepreneur and put some $$$$ in your pocket as well - not so bad!

SO TO YOU THAT THINK PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW IT ALL – here’s me at 21 yrs old and somebody taught me – was this or is this going to be you at 21??? Not bragging but very few people could accomplish that in just 4 years out of high school. Stay tuned for this story in a day or two!






No comments:

Post a Comment