Thursday, October 15, 2009

Xfuel and BMX

This past weekend we were invited to the NJ State BMX Championships which are 4 miles from my house. before I get into it let me say - great time, great kids and here's a video from it to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7OZfA-sLfE&feature=sub

We met the track GM at Raceway Park when we were there with the WRAT, I gave him a box of Xfuel and told him sell it at the concession stand - what I here it never made it there????? anyway stopped over there and nothing, no don't want to sell it, too much money blah, blah, blah!!!!

Fast forward 2 months and they are having this big race there and they want us there with the Guitar Hero trailer to entertain the kids between races and we can sell Xfuel if we want. Why I went after they treated us like crap at first - don't ask, my head said don't go but my heart said go - we went.

Here's a few things I learned yesterday:
  • Riders don't drink Monster or Red Bull when they're racing - why? The carbonated products give them gas and how much they need to drink makes them pee!

  • Pro-Riders (people who race for money) get crap for being sponsored ie a bike frame, a shirt, some free products as long as you take what I give which is leftover crap

  • For the most part the riders buy products from everyone who does not support them

Sound familiar - it should, not to different than the gamers.

On a plus note we did give out a bunch of drinks and the riders liked Xfuel and thought it did a good job as you saw in the video.

Once again we proved that everyone seems to have one common ground and that is the love of video games. Some people don't like the guitar games they want COD, ODST etc but still they love and play games.

So, I talked with some of them what I've been driving at here with you all and that is funding yourselves through web sales - they seem to want to do it as do many of you.

I'm going to be going off the code thing we have now and going to a straight affiliate deal where you just push the product and have them click through your site - I can tell you we will payout more than you think. I want to really push this hard with those of you that want to - stay tuned more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment