Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today, I'm very happy to see people are getting it

I have to tell you had some great replies to what we’ve been saying over the last few days both public and behind the scenes. I also got a few “I strongly disagree” but that is good we all can’t think the same and be like robots.

I’ve had several talks with one group in particular XDAO Project and I have to tell you they get it. We’ve had some rough spots in our negations as I can plain and simple be an ass because like I said, it’s always about money. Everything needs to be funded and things don’t get funded on love, like, lust or good will.

Anyway, XDAO (I hope they don’t mind me using their name), doesn’t want to be another gaming website with no direction as you all don’t want to be; they understand a couple basic things and can articulate them well:

1 – It takes money to do what they want to
2 – Nobody is just going to hand them money
3 – They need to make money to support themselves

They came at me with a different approach, an approach I’ve done with a few people / teams but many of them just lose interest. It’s not hard to make money it just takes persistence and sometimes doing things you’re not comfortable with.

XDAO shares the vision that you the gamers should be spending your money within the gaming circles and not with people who do nothing for you. They want us to do a tee shirt program with them featuring some of their artists, so they can make money off that and fund their sponsorships and expansion. They also want to be distributors of Xfuel which means they commit to large Xfuel purchases and make Xfuel available to their teams to push out for sale.

They explained it very simple, our members buy energy drinks all the time and they buy brands that give nothing back to them in any way what so ever. At least if we distributed the products and weren’t pigs then everyone can make a little money and we in turn have money to give back – that’s more than Monster will do for us – think about that!

In case you’re thinking “I can buy Red Bull for less than $3 a can, why should I spend $3 for a shot?” The amount of energy we have is equal to 2 ½ cans of Red Bull, so when you buy 3 cans of Red Bull it’s a lot more than 1 Xfuel!

Today, I’m very happy to see people are getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment