Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tough love toward the younger gneration

You may think I'm an asshole, that I like to burst young peoples dreams, but to me I'm not doing that. I'm trying to get them to stop wasteing time and energy that goes no where.

How many of you parents get upset seeing your kids sitting there on the computer all day and think, "Hell, I'll be supporting this dam kid till he's 45 at this rate!!!"

How many of you kids (kids to me is under 30 years old) look at where you live today and say "I'll never have my own house, a mercedes and so on - so Frig it, I'll just sit here."

When you work at McDonalds for $8.00 / hr, that means for every hour you flip burgers they think you've worth $8, right?

You sit at home build some great community websites and put 3-4 hours a day into it and recieve $0. That means you should stop doing that and go work at McDonalds, because at least they think you worth $8 an hour - on your own site you are worth NOTHING, NOT 1 SINGLE CENT IF YOU DON"T HAVE MONEY COMING IN FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

I sent this note to a gamer community website owner over the weekend. How he responded doesn't matter because if he can't understand this then all the "NO's" he gets from everyone else he just doesn't get and I feel, obligated to explain my position because someone needs to for a change!


Ok XXX, let's do something, you help me and you get to make money, how does that sound?

I need you to do what is below but let's make one thing clear, real clear. You think your site and your community has some worth, right? Or else you wouldn't be looking for free stuff from people like me. You do what I say below and let's see how much Xfuel you sell? Because if you do your job and tell people to buy it, not this lame shit of "Here is a banner to your site see what I did" - that does shit! But tell your people to buy it and if they don't then you'll really see what your site is worth to sponsors - nothing. I'm not being hard or mean, just giving you the facts real straight and honest.

Look you obviously put your heart and soul into this site and looks it, it's very nice but if all you want is a place to spend all your free time and that assumes your time is wroth ZERO dollars, then that's your choice to make. If you think your site is worth something like this site www.offshoreonly.com is then you need to show sponsors / whoever that your site generates money. Please go to www.offshoreonly.com you may not like it, think it's stupid, etc, etc but I know the people that started it and sold it for millions, yes millions of dollars 2 years ago!

You will say, "My site is better, nicer blah, blah, blah" but there site made money for it's advertisers therefore it had value - no sales / no worth.

Like the movie Wall Street "This is your wake up call Bud Fox"

1 - go to my blog www.xfuel.blogspot.com and read all of them for like 2 weeks back
2 - go here
http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantid=24516 sign up to be an affiliate of ours and posts our banners on whatever sites you have.

That is how you help me, show me the banners and I'll send you a shirt

Joe Gere

Ps I admire everything you've done so far, very good but you won't get where you want to go with your approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment